Retweeted LakePaddenTrailHalf (@LakePaddenTrail):
Official account of Lake Padden Trail Half Marathon, home of the 2015 & 2016 USATF National Champs @ATRAtrailrunner @usmrt @CollegeRunning ... See MoreSee Less
Retweeted David Roche (@MountainRoche):
Off trail training, @MegRoche33 did 6x1k in 3:18, ditched her pacer, then did 4x300 in 55, 4x200 in 36. Elite trail women are FAST. @usmrt ... See MoreSee Less
2015 World Long Distance Mountain Running Championships– U.S. Team Qualification
Updated January 9, 2015
The World Long Distance Mountain Running Championships regulated by the World Mountain Running Association (WMRA) under the patronage of the IAAF. The first World Long Distance Mountain Challenge was held at Sierre-Zinal in Switzerland in 2004. The first team competition took place in 2009 in Austria. The U.S. Women have won the team title three times and the individual title three times. The U.S. Men have two gold and one silver team medals, along with three individual titles. The U.S. Long Distance Team consists of 5 women and 5 men the top 3 men and top 3 women (cumulative times from the top three runners) score for the team. The U.S. teams are selected by USATF Mountain Ultra Trail Executive Committee.
Team Selection Procedures for 2015
1) Any U.S. athlete who finished in the top 3 places at Pikes Peak Ascent 2014 (the 2014 WMRA Long Distance Mountain Running Challenge), received an automatic berth; and/or the top U.S. male and top U.S. female at Pikes Peak to received an automatic spot. In 2014, U.S. men finished 1 and 3; U.S. women finished 1-2-3. Thus, Sage Canaday and Andy Wacker received auto spots on the men’s side; Allie McLaughlin, Morgan Arritola, and Shannon Payne received auto spots on the women’s side at Pikes Peak.
2) Selection Race in 2014 – The top U.S. male and the top U.S. female from the Moab Trail Marathon – USA Marathon Trail Championships 2014 received an automatic berth – Dakota Jones for the men and Megan Kimmel for the women received automatic berths.
3) Two U.S. men and one U.S. women to be selected based on resume - consideration given to mountain racing experience, national championship participation, and international experience. Important criteria considered in the selection pool will be a top 15 placing at 2014 World Long Distance Mountain Running Challenge (name changed to Championship starting in 2015 with Zermatt Marathon on July 4, 2015), high placing at international mountain races, top placing at national championship, top placing at other nationally recognized mountain races including the selection race aforementioned.
4) Athletes named to the team must be U.S. citizens and have a current USATF membership.
5) This is a USATF-unfunded team, and thusly, no travel funds are provided for athletes from USATF. Team uniforms from USATF for 2015 are confirmed. There is some support for lodging from the LOC (three nights lodging and meals for three men and three women plus team leader), and the top three men finishers at Pikes Peak and the top female finisher at Pikes Peak 2014 receive 75% of economy travel costs to host event in 2015 (should Canaday, Wacker, and McLaughlin accept their spots on the team, they will receive the 75% travel costs from the LOC – Zermatt Marathon). Through a 2014 donation to the American Trail Running Association earmarked for the 2015 U.S. Long Distance Team by Sage Canaday, there is some funding for the team of approximately $1500 to assist with travel costs (more funding is contingent upon additional donations).
For the two men’s spots and one women’s spot (there may be additional spots available should one of the auto-selected athletes not accept their spot), running resumes should be sent to Nancy Hobbs, email@example.com, with cc to Jason Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Running resumes must be received by April 15, 2015. Current auto select athletes must confirm their spot not later than April 15, 2015.
Team Announced: by May 1, 2015.
The 2015 WMRA World Long Distance Mountain Running Championships will be hosted by the Zermatt Marathon on July 4, 2015 (www.zermattmarathon.ch/index.php?id=156&L=1)
usmrt ... See MoreSee Less